Joint Founders Banquet
H E Y Y Y Q U E S ! !
ONLY 10 TICKETS REMAIN AVAILABLE...
for last minute purchases and overflow seating. Those remaining tickets will go quickly.
Unfortunately, once they are gone, there are no seats available - NO EXCEPTIONS!!
DON'T WAIT! Secure your tickets TODAY!!
W H E N : Saturday November 17, 2018 - 6pm until 9pm
W H E R E : Grand Ballroom, Hyatt Regency McCormick Place Hotel - 2233 S. King Drive, Chicago IL
W H O : FOUR HUNDRED of Omega's finest from the metropolitan Chicago chapters! - Alpha Kappa Kappa Chapter, Gary IN; Chi Lambda Lambda Chapter, Matteson IL; Iota Chapter - 2018 Host, Chicago IL; Mu Xi Chapter, Glen Ellyn IL; Nu Pi Chapter, Joliet IL; Omicron Mu Mu Chapter, Lansing IL; Rho Gamma Gamma Chapter, Chicago IL; Rho Mu Mu Chapter, Chicago IL; Sigma Omega Chapter, Chicago IL; Theta Kappa Kappa Chapter, Evanston IL
W H Y : To celebrate the culmination of the Fraternity's "A c h i e v e m e n t W e e k" and to honor the memory and worldly contributions of the Founders of Omega Psi Phi Fraternity... Hon. Bishop Edgar Amos Love, Hon. Doctor Oscar James Cooper, Hon. Professor Frank Coleman and along with their faculty advisor Hon. Ernest Everett Just, PhD.
A T T I R E : This is a Formal affair. Tuxedo is recommended and encouraged, however dark suits (Black or Navy) are allowed.
T I C K E T S : "Virtual" tickets are being utilized this year. To purchase those tickets:
1. Use Chase Bank Quick Pay© and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Use Zelle© and send to email@example.com
3. Use your Debit Card or Credit Card securely online in the OMEGA STORE tab on this website (processing fee charged)
4. Send using PayPal© to: firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Check or money order payable to: Iota Chapter, and mailed to PO Box 201266, Chicago IL 60620 - No later than Saturday November 10, 2018
6. Contact any member of Iota Chapter at email@example.com
7. Visit the November 9th Iota Chapter meeting
8. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for a home or office delivery. (50 mile radius of the Chicago metro area). Cash, Check, Money Order. You can also use Debit or Credit Card using Square© - processing fee charged)
You can also contact event chairman Bro. Kenny Coles directly (312) 545-9413 - cell/text or email@example.com. (Cash, Check, Money Order. You can also use Debit or Credit Card using Square© - processing fee charged)
C O S T : $800/ table rounds of eight (8), or $100/ individual ticket
P A P E R T I C K E T S : Physical, paper tickets are available if requested by contacting Bro. Kenny Coles directly (312) 545-9413 - call/text, or firstname.lastname@example.org, however paper tickets as a memento will be distributed the night of the event.
K E Y N O T E S P E A K E R : Bro. Lloyd J. Jordan, Esq. (Omicron Sigma '75) 36th Grand Basileus, Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc.
M A S T E R O F C E R E M O N I E S : Bro. Art Norman (Rho '69) VP, National Association of Black Journalists and contributor on NBC News Chicago
P A R K I N G : There are four (4) parking options:
1.Discount Self-park at Hyatt - $26.00. Pay on exit using discount voucher received at table assignment check-in
2. Discount Valet-parking at Hyatt - $36.00. Pay on exit using discount voucher received at table assignment check-in
3. Self-park at McCormick Place - $22.00. Drop off any riders at front entrance of Hyatt Regency Hotel and park vehicle across the street at McCormick Place lot. Use indoor bridge for a 4-minute walk back to Grand Ballroom
4. Limited street parking 2 1/2 blocks away on Michigan Ave, both north and south of Cermak Road (22nd Street).
M E N U : A limited, open cocktail reception begins at 6 p.m. Dinner and cash bar begins at 7 p.m. The menu is
Baby Spinach Salad
Roasted Butternut Squash
Spiced Pumpkin Seeds
Crumbled Goat Cheese
Paprika and Garlic Spiced Airline Chicken Breast
Creamy Potato Risotto with Braised Kale
Sautéed Haricot Verts
Baby Heirloom Carrots
Key Lime Tart
Graham Cracker Crust
There will also be a limited number of vegetarian meal options. PLEASE ADVISE ASAP IF A VEGETARIAN MEAL IS NEEDED!
P R O G R A M : The Keynote Speaker, installation of each chapter's elected officers for the upcoming year and chapter awards for Omega Man of the Year and Citizen of the Year represent the entire program. Chapter awards to recognize the Omega Man and Citizen for each of the 11 chapters represented will be announced, but not presented during the program portion of the event. Award winners will have their pictures and bios projected in a continuous loop playing on a screen throughout the evening. The same information will also be featured prominently in the printed program. The actual distribution of awards will occur immediately after the formal closing of the event - beginning at 9:00 pm - with professional photography to capture the moment, along with a cash bar also available.
D I S C O U N T H O T E L R O O M S : The Standard room rate is between $159 - $199/night. There is a block of discounted rooms available beginning the night before the event:
Standard King Bed - $109.00 / night
Queen Bed + Double Bed - $109.00 / night
(Speciality rooms and suites between $119.00-$184.00)
To receive the discounted rate you must use the discount room reservation link for this event when you make your reservation: Click HERE for Discount Room Reservations. The cut-off date to guarantee the discount room rate is Friday November 2, 2018. After the cut-off date, the link will remain available as long as possible, but new reservations are based on the availability at the time of the request.