Joint Founders Banquet
W H E N : Saturday November 17, 2018 - 6pm until 9pm
A T T E N T I O N Q U E S ! !
You are encouraged to check back here often for the most current and updated information on the
Joint Founders Banquet
W H E R E : Grand Ballroom, Hyatt Regency McCormick Place Hotel - 2233 S. King Drive, Chicago IL
W H O : The metropolitan Chicago chapters - Alpha Kappa Kappa Chapter, Gary IN; Chi Lambda Lambda Chapter, Matteson IL; Epsilon Eta Chapter, Chicago State University; Iota Chapter - 2018 Host, Chicago IL; Mu Xi Chapter, Glen Ellyn IL; Nu Pi Chapter, Joliet IL; Omicron Mu Mu Chapter, Lansing IL; Rho Gamma Gamma Chapter, Chicago IL; Rho Mu Mu Chapter, Chicago IL; Sigma Omega Chapter, Chicago IL; Theta Kappa Kappa Chapter, Evanston IL
W H Y : To celebrate the culmination of the Fraternity's "Achievement Week" and to honor the memory of the founders of Omega Psi Phi Fraternity... Bishop Edgar Amos Love, Dr. Oscar James Cooper, Prof. Frank Coleman and Dr. Ernest Everett Just.
A T T I R E : This is a Formal affair. Tuxedo is recommended and encouraged, however dark suits (Black or Navy) are allowed.
T I C K E T S : "Virtual" tickets are being utilized this year. To purchase those tickets:
1. Use Chase Bank Quick Pay©and send to email@example.com
2. UseZelle© and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Use Debit Card or Credit Card securely online in the OMEGA STORE tab on this website
4. Send using PayPal© to: email@example.com
5. Check or money order payable to: Iota Chapter, and mailed to PO Box 201266, Chicago IL 60620 - No later than Saturday November 10, 2018
6. Contact any member of Iota Chapter at firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Visit the November 9th Iota chapter meeting
8. Email email@example.com for a home or office delivery. (50 mile radius of the Chicago metro area. Cash, Check, Money Order, Debit or Credit Card)
You can also contact event chairman Bro. Kenny Coles directly (312) 545-9413 - cell/text or firstname.lastname@example.org. (Cash, Check, Money Order, Debit or Credit Card using Square©)
C O S T : $800/ table rounds of eight (8), or $100/ individual ticket
P A P E R T I C K E T S : Physical, paper tickets are available if requested by contacting Bro. Kenny Coles directly (312) 545-9413 - call/text, or email@example.com. Paper tickets as a memento will also be available the night of the event if requested.
K E Y N O T E S P E A K E R : Lloyd J. Jordan, Esq. (Omicron Sigma '75) 36th Grand Basileus, Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc.
M A S T E R O F C E R E M O N I E S : Art Norman (Rho '69) VP, National Association of Black Journalists and NBC News Chicago
P A R K I N G : There are four (4) parking options:
1.Discount Self-park at Hyatt - $26.00. Pay on exit using discount voucher received at table assignment check-in
2. Discount Valet-parking at Hyatt - $36.00. Pay on exit using discount voucher received at table assignment check-in
3. Self-park at McCormick Place - $22.00. Drop off any riders at front entrance of Hyatt Regency Hotel and park vehicle across the street at McCormick Place lot. Use indoor bridge for a 4-minute walk back to Grand Ballroom
4. Limited street parking 2 1/2 blocks away on Michigan Ave, both north and south of Cermak Road (22nd Street).
M E N U : A limited, open cocktail reception begins at 6 p.m. Dinner and cash bar begins at 7 p.m. The menu is not confirmed at this time but there will be a 3-course selection and the entree is expected to be a choice of chicken or fish with chef's choice of vegetables. There will also be a vegetarian option.
P R O G R A M : The Keynote Speaker represents nearly the entire program. This is also the time to install each chapter's elected officers for the upcoming year and to recognize the Omega Man and Citizen of The Year for each of the 11 chapters represented. Chapter awards will be announced, but not presented during the program portion of the event. Award winners will have their pictures and bios projected in a continuous loop playing on a screen throughout the evening. The same information will also be featured prominently in the printed program. The actual distribution of awards will occur immediately after the formal closing of the event - beginning at 9:00 pm - with professional photography to capture the moment, along with a cash bar also available.
H O T E L R O O M S : The regular room rate is between $159 - $199/night. There is a block of discounted rooms available at $109/night for up to 3 nights beginning the night of the event (suites slightly higher). To receive the discounted rate you must use the discount rate code assigned for this event when you make your reservation. The discount rate code is not yet available. Once the Hyatt releases the discount rate code - usually about forty-five (45) days prior to the event - that code will be published here and also distributed by email to the chapters along with the weekly updates.